Institutes and Centers
mason's commitment to research goes beyond the work of individual faculty members. the university and its partners invest in research centers and institutes that excel at focused and multidisciplinary studies, working together to solve global problems. we study, analyze, and develop knowledge in a variety of fields, using collaboration and communication to help generate discoveries.
ibi works with collaborators both within the university and externally. areas of study include cancer, infectious diseases, brain and behavior, injury and performance, policy, economics, reproductive and family health, and cardiovascular and metabolic issues.
威尼斯人澳门官网cina is a mason-led multidisciplinary academic consortium that pursues innovative strategies and solutions to advance criminal network analysis, forensics, and investigative processes. it's a department of homeland security center of excellence.
as pressures from migration and climate change accelerate natural and manmade disasters, mason's trans-disciplinary c-rasc aims to help communities with rebuilding, as well as with preparations to prevent damage.
at idia, entrepreneurs, researchers, technologists, and business leaders will join mason students and researchers in driving innovation in the digital economy and collaborating on business opportunities.
威尼斯人澳门官网qsec advances transdisciplinary quantum technologies and trains the quantum workforce. research areas include nonclassical algorithms and computing, quantum material growth and characterization, and quantum-sensing technologies and devices.
june 19, 2020
june 17, 2020
威尼斯人澳门官网may 31, 2020
威尼斯人澳门官网may 12, 2020
威尼斯人澳门官网mason's schools and colleges support many centers conducting specialized research.
- : Areas of study include education, digital media, sports medicine and management, and improving the lives of those with disabilities.
- : Areas of study include health informatics, ethics and policy, and chronic illness.
- : Areas of study include immigration, public policy, climate change, and criminal justice.
- : Areas of study include molecular medicine, geospatial intelligence, biodefense, and the environment.
- : The Center for Arts and Wellness makes health education an integral part of students' lives.
- : Areas of study include intelligence, medical policies, and the economy.
- : Areas of study include gender issues, peacemaking, and religion.
- : Areas of study include government contracting, entrepreneurship, and consumer protection.
- : Areas of study include transportation, secure information systems, and C4I and cyber.
- : Areas of study include national security, intellectual property, constitutional freedoms, privacy, and economics.
Mason-Affiliated Centers and Institutes
威尼斯人澳门官网some external research groups are affiliated with the university, with mason faculty working with their teams. they include:
- : This nonpartisan research and educational organization conducts scientific studies of the news and entertainment media.
- : This organization champions classical liberal ideas and the scholars who advance them.
- : This organization provides market-oriented ideas to bridge the gap between academic ideas and real-world problems.